- Life at Tech
- Application Deadlines
- Standardized Test Scores
- Extracurricular Involvement
- School Report
- Optional Factors
- Factors Not Considered
- Home School
- President's Scholarship
- Honors Program
- Advanced Course Credit
- Programs for High Schoolers
- Apply Online
- Check Application Status
- Find Your Counselor
- Costs, Aid & Scholarships
- Tech In Action
- Get More Info
Freshman Application Available Early September
If you are not applying for freshman admission, please return to our application home page and select the appropriate application type.
2013 Freshman Application
An updated version of the freshman application will be available in early September. If you have already begun working on the 2012 form, please do not panic! While we strongly encourage students to wait for the new 2013 form, information you have entered into the biographical section should carry over to the updated form, once it is available.
If you are anxious to get a head start on your application, we would encourage you to work on your essay - the portion of the application that most students report takes the longest to complete. You'll find the new essay questions for the 2013 application below. We recommend writing them in a word document and cutting/pasting into the new application once it is available.
You can also begin working on your extracurricular activity list. While you cannot attach a separate resume, gathering your thoughts now will help you complete this portion quickly once the new form is available.
Short Essay (1,000 character limit, including punctuation and spacing)
Why are you interested in attending Georgia Tech, and what do you hope to contribute to our community?
Long Essay (5,000 character limit, including punctuation and spacing). Please choose one!
- Recall an occasion when you took a risk that you now know was the right thing to do.
- What is the best advice you ever received and did you follow it?
- You are about to write your future college roommate a letter. Please provide the roommate with a personal story that will give him/her some insight into your personality.
- In the Georgia Tech spirit of innovation and improving the human condition, describe a societal problem that exists locally, regionally, nationally or globally and propose a feasible solution.
As soon as the 2013 application is available, this link will take you the application, and we will post a link on our Facebook page. Our Early Action deadline is October 15, so getting a head start will help you meet that deadline, if you so desire. Read more to see which application date is right for you.