- Life at Tech
- Programs for High Schoolers
- International Freshman
- International Transfer
- Apply Online
- Check Application Status
- Find Your Counselor
- Costs, Aid & Scholarships
- Tech In Action
- Get More Info
With approximately 13% of our 2012 freshman class from abroad, Georgia Tech traditionally receives applications from over 100 foreign countries each year. In our admission process, we closely review your specific academic background and particular educational system in order to make the best possible admission decisions.
Definition of an International Student or Applicant
Georgia Tech defines a student or applicant as “international” if they meet any of the criteria below.
- You are not a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident and are currently in the United States on an F-1 (student) visa.
- You will require an F-1 visa to enter and study in the United States.
- You are currently in the United States on some other class of visa. A copy of your visa from your passport must be submitted for us to make a determination. Please submit any documentation regarding Permanent Residency by fax (404.894.9511) or e-mail to your designated admission counselor.
International Admission Timetable
Early Action- apply by this date to receive an admission decision in mid-December
|December 15||Final date to apply if you have studied outside the United States during high school|
|January 10||Deadline to submit required application supplements|