- Life at Tech
- Transfer Selection Process
- Transfer Application Process
- Transfer Credit Information
- Transfer FAQ
- Partnership Programs
- Programs for High Schoolers
- Check Application Status
- Find Your Counselor
- Costs, Aid & Scholarships
- Tech Stories
- Get More Info
Transfer Application Process
Apply as a transfer student if you seek to earn a degree or obtain a second undergraduate degree at Georgia Tech. Visit our Non-Degree section if you do not plan to seek a Georgia Tech degree.
All qualified applicants must submit the following:
- The Georgia Tech Application for Transfer Admission.
- The $75.00 appication fee for US Citizens and Permanent Residents of the US. For international students who will require a Visa to study at Georgia Tech, the application fee is $85.00. The application fee is non-refundable and is specific to the term for which the application is submitted.
- For U.S. college or university coursework, official transcripts from all schools attended. Georgia Tech prefers to receive transcripts by electronic delivery if your college has this delivery method.
- For non-U.S. university-level coursework, contact a professional foreign credential evaluation service and have a Course-by-Course with GPA Equivalent evaluation sent. THIS IS MANDATORY FOR ALL NON-U.S. COURSEWORK FOR ALL STUDENTS. We recommend both World Education Services (www.wes.org) and Josef Silny & Associates (www.jsilny.com). If using World Education Services, a comprehensive Course-by-Course evaluation must be ordered. If using Josef Silny & Associates, both a Course-by-Course AND GPA Equivalent evaluation must be ordered.
NOTE: Faxed or other photocopies of applications and transcripts are not acceptable. All documents must be original and certified as appropriate. Transcripts must be sent directly from the other institution or submitted in sealed envelopes if sent with other application materials.
International Transfer Students
An international transfer student is neither a U.S. Citizen nor a U.S. Permanent Resident card holder. International transfer students must follow all guidelines listed on the International Transfer Student admission website.
Second Undergraduate Degree Students
Georgia Tech defines a Second Undergraduate Degree applicant as one who has completed a bachelor's degree from another accredited institution and who is seeking enrollment at Georgia Tech to obtain another undergraduate degree in a different major or field of study. A student may not apply or be accepted for a second undergraduate degree in the same or very closely related field of study. All admission requirements for students seeking a second undergraduate degree are the same as for regular transfer applicants, including specific courses, hours, and GPA by major.
* Note: Students interested in majoring in architecture should apply for the master's degree in Architecture if they already have a bachelor's degree in any field. Please contact the College of Architecture with any questions.