- Life at Tech
- Transfer Selection Process
- Transfer Application Process
- Transfer Credit Information
- Transfer FAQ
- Partnership Programs
- Programs for High Schoolers
- Check Application Status
- Find Your Counselor
- Costs, Aid & Scholarships
- Tech Stories
- Get More Info
Transfer Application Process
Apply as a transfer student if you seek to earn a degree or obtain a second undergraduate degree at Georgia Tech. Visit our Non-Degree section if you do not plan to seek a Georgia Tech degree.
All qualified applicants must submit the following:
- The Georgia Tech Application for Transfer Admission.
- The $75.00 appication fee for US Citizens and Permanent Residents of the US. For international students who will require a Visa to study at Georgia Tech, the application fee is $85.00. The application fee is non-refundable and is specific to the term for which the application is submitted.
- For U.S. college or university coursework, official transcripts from all previous institutions attended.
- For non-U.S. university coursework, official transcripts from all previous institutions attended and a professional foreign credential evaluation (with GPA evaluation) THIS IS MANDATORY FOR ALL NON-U.S. COURSEWORK. An official transcript from the non-U.S. institution should be included with your professional foreign credit evaluation. We recommend both World Education Services (www.wes.org) and Josef Silny & Associates (www.jsilny.com).
Document Delivery: Electronic transcripts are preferred and must be sent directly from the institution to firstname.lastname@example.org. Faxes or photocopies of transcripts are unofficial. Transcripts must be official and sealed if sent through direct mail. Mail transcripts to the following address: Georgia Institute of Technology, Office of Undergraduate Admission, Atlanta, GA 30332-0320.
International Transfer Students
An international transfer student is neither a U.S. Citizen nor a U.S. Permanent Resident card holder. International transfer students must follow all guidelines listed on the International Transfer Student admission website.
Second Undergraduate Degree Students
Georgia Tech defines a Second Undergraduate Degree applicant as one who has completed a bachelor's degree from another accredited institution and who is seeking enrollment at Georgia Tech to obtain another undergraduate degree in a different major or field of study. A student may not apply or be accepted for a second undergraduate degree in the same or very closely related field of study. All admission requirements for students seeking a second undergraduate degree are the same as for regular transfer applicants, including specific courses, hours, and GPA by major.
* Note: Students interested in majoring in architecture should apply for the master's degree in Architecture if they already have a bachelor's degree in any field. Please contact the College of Architecture with any questions.