Transfer Application Process

Apply as a transfer student if you seek to earn a degree or obtain a second undergraduate degree at Georgia Tech.  Visit our Non-Degree section if you do not plan to seek a Georgia Tech degree.

All qualified applicants must submit the following:

  • The Georgia Tech Application for Transfer Admission.
  • The $75.00 appication fee for US Citizens and Permanent Residents of the US. For international students who will require a Visa to study at Georgia Tech, the application fee is $85.00. The application fee is non-refundable and is specific to the term for which the application is submitted. 
  • For U.S. college or university coursework, official transcripts from all previous institutions attended. 
  • For non-U.S. university coursework, official transcripts from all previous institutions attended and a professional foreign credential evaluation (with GPA evaluation) THIS IS MANDATORY FOR ALL NON-U.S. COURSEWORK. An official transcript from the non-U.S. institution should be included with your professional foreign credit evaluation. We recommend both World Education Services ( and Josef Silny & Associates (

Document Delivery:  Electronic transcripts are preferred and must be sent directly from the institution to  Faxes or photocopies of transcripts are unofficial. Transcripts must be official and sealed if sent through direct mail.  Mail transcripts to the following address:  Georgia Institute of Technology, Office of Undergraduate Admission, Atlanta, GA 30332-0320.

International Transfer Students
An international transfer student is neither a U.S. Citizen nor a U.S. Permanent Resident card holder. International transfer students must follow all guidelines listed on the International Transfer Student admission website.

Second Undergraduate Degree Students
Georgia Tech defines a Second Undergraduate Degree applicant as one who has completed a bachelor's degree from another accredited institution and who is seeking enrollment at Georgia Tech to obtain another undergraduate degree in a different major or field of study. A student may not apply or be accepted for a second undergraduate degree in the same or very closely related field of study. All admission requirements for students seeking a second undergraduate degree are the same as for regular transfer applicants, including specific courses, hours, and GPA by major.

* Note: Students interested in majoring in architecture should apply for the master's degree in Architecture if they already have a bachelor's degree in any field. Please contact the College of Architecture with any questions.