What to Expect
We are looking forward to meeting you! We find that visiting campus is the number one way students make decisions to apply to and attend Georgia Tech. Make the most of your campus experience by following these helpful tips:
Before Your Visit
- Choose your campus visit date and register in advance. To sign up for an information session led by an Admissions Counselor and walking campus tour led by a student Tour Guide, click here.
- Do some advance “homework.” Visit the GT website and investigate any interesting majors, academic departments, and student involvement opportunities. Want to know who will be leading your tours? Get to know our Tour Guides. Also check out GT Office of Undergraduate Admission on Facebook and Twitter!
- Get a feel for our campus before you arrive. You can visit our virtual visits page to download our tour app, and check out our virtual tours and campus maps.
- Schedule your visit when classes are in session, but try to avoid times when many high schools are on break. This will give you a sense of campus in full swing but not when we are overwhelmed with guests. This is the best way to see what it will be like when you're a student.
- Prepare a list of questions to ask. Campus visits are incredible opportunities to speak with Admissions Counselors, current students, faculty and staff... all in one day! If you’re interested in meeting with areas of our campus other than the Office of Undergraduate Admission, call the specific office, major or department and ask about appointments. To find academic departmental contacts you can click here. Also consider visiting on a day when one of our College Based Information Sessions are offered.
- Create your final itinerary. If you have other appointments on campus, please arrange them before or after your allotted information session and tour time. Try not to rush from one thing to the next. Give yourself enough time if you are visiting more than one school, or need to travel the same day of your visit.
On the Day of Your Visit
- Don't forget to check your e-mail and print your confirmation for directions to campus and parking! Arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time. Know that there can be traffic in Atlanta and plan accordingly.
- Check the local weather. Tours are rain or shine and in the heat or cold. Bring an umbrella if needed. Also consider bringing a water bottle which you can refill throughout the tour.
- Wear comfortable shoes! Our 60-minute tour consists of some stairs and hills while walking on campus. Please contact our office or edit your reservation if you need an accessible tour route.
- Take advantage of being on campus and ask questions of our counselors and student leaders.
- Check all of our campus has to offer. Visit our one of our many options like the dining halls, Student Center or one of the great eateries in Tech Square and enjoy a meal! Also take some time to visit the Barnes and Noble @ GT for some fun Yellow Jacker fan items!
- Explore Atlanta! Georgia Tech is a traditional campus but we are lucky to be located in the middle of Midtown Atlanta. Students have so many opportunities at thier fingertips. Click here to check out more about why Atlanta is a great place to visit and to attend college!
We hope you enjoy your visit.